Coast to Valley Express
West Bound Service
|*** indicates on call request – speak with your driver or transit office for more information|
|Amtrak Station, Albany||–||8:55 AM||–||4:52 PM|
|Samaritan Hospital & Clinics||–||–||3:40 PM||5:22 PM|
|Corvallis Transit Center||6:20 AM||9:17 AM||3:50 PM||5:36 PM|
|Corvallis Hilton Garden Inn||6:25 AM||9:24 AM||3:55 PM||5:42 PM|
|Bi-Mart, 53rd Street||6:30 AM||–||***||–|
|Philomath, 14th & Main||6:37 AM||9:35 AM||4:10 PM||5:54 PM|
|Eddyville P.O. (Flag Stop)||7:08 AM||10:05 AM||4:40 PM||6:24 PM|
|Toledo, Park & Ride||7:30 AM||10:27 AM||***||6:48 PM|
|Newport City Hall||7:40 AM||10:39 AM||5:07 PM||7:00 PM|
|South Beach, Hatfield MSC||7:50 AM||***||5:20 PM||***|
East Bound Service
|*** indicates on call request – speak with your driver or transit office for more information
|South Beach, Hatfield MSC||***||8:40 AM||–||5:30 PM|
|Newport City Hall||6:31 AM||8:55 AM||2:45 PM||5:35 PM|
|Toledo, Park & Ride||6:45 AM||9:05 AM||3:03 PM||5:55 PM|
|Eddyville Church (Flag Stop)||7:08 AM||9:27 AM||3:25 PM||6:17 PM|
|Philomath, 11th & Applegate||7:38 AM||9:57 AM||3:55 PM||6:45 PM|
|Bi-Mart, 53rd Street||–||***||–||6:52 PM|
|Corvallis Hilton Garden Inn||7:56 AM||10:07 AM||4:05 PM||6:57 PM|
|Corvallis Transit Center||8:02 AM||10:11 AM||4:10 PM||7:02 PM|
|Samaritan Hospital & Clinics||8:15 AM||10:25 AM||–||–|
|Amtrak Station, Albany||8:40 AM||–||4:37 PM||–|
Flag Stop Protocol: Wave driver down or call in advance to be picked up
Tips for Riding the Bus
- Arrive at your bus stop a few minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Make sure your fare or bus pass is readily available.
- As a bus approaches, stand by the bus stop pole.
- As you board the bus, show the bus operator your bus pass or place exact change into the fare box next to the bus operator’s seat.
- Please sit down quickly. seniors and guests with disabilities should sit near the front of the bus if needing assistance from the driver.
- The bus will not stop to board guests once it has pulled away from the curb.
- If another guest needs a seat, please remove personal items from the seat next to you.
- Wait in view of the operator: Wait in the middle of the bus stop where the operator can see you. That way, when your bus arrives, the operator will know to deploy the ramp or lift, which helps save time.
- If you need the ramp or lift, just ask: If you need to use the ramp or lift and the operator has not already deployed it, just ask. He or she can assist you to guide your mobility device onto the ramp or lift.
- Priority seating & securement areas: On board, look for the priority seating area near the front of the bus. Two securement areas are provided for mobility devices. The operator will secure your mobility device.
- One block from your bus stop, pull the signal cord located above the windows of the bus.
- When the bus stops, the operator will remove the securement straps from your mobility device and deploy the ramp or lift for you.
- Please do not leave personal belongings on the bus.
- If you will be unloading a bike, please let your bus operator know on your way out the front door.
- Please watch your step.
- DO NOT CROSS IN FRONT OF THE BUS. Instead, wait until the bus has pulled away and cross at designated location.
- Riders have responsibilities, too. Repeated breaking of the rules could cause a rider’s exclusion from the transit system. These rules are enforced by Coast to Valley Express personnel.
- Valid and correct fare is required: A valid ticket, pass or transfer receipt is required on Coast to Valley Express buses.
- Move for seniors and people with disabilities: In the priority seating area by the lift or the front of the bus, you are requested to move for seniors and people with disabilities.
(Parents with strollers may use this area as long as it is not occupied or needed by a senior or disabled rider.)
- Don’t threaten or intimidate riders or operators: It is unlawful to threaten the safety of a rider or operator or interfere with the movement of a bus. Obscenities and offensive language are prohibited.
- Don’t be so loud that you disturb others: Excessive noise is not allowed on Coast to Valley Express buses. Radio, tape or CD listening is allowed with earphones as long as it does not disturb other customers. If you used your cell phone, speak softly so you do not disturb others.
- Refrain from talking to the driver while the bus is in motion.
- Don’t block the aisles or doors: If you have a bag, make sure it’s not blocking the aisle or doorway. Strollers must be folded after boarding. If you’re standing, move back so others can board.
- If you bring a pet, keep it in a carrier: Unless it is a service animal, your pet must be kept in a secure carrier.
- Keep food and drinks in spill-proof containers: Eating is not allowed on Coast to Valley Express buses. You may bring food and drinks on board in closed containers only.
- No smoking: Smoking is prohibited on buses, and where posted at bus shelters.
- Seats are for customers: If the bus is crowded, do not take more than one seat. Remove your packages from seating areas to make room for other customers. Keep your belongings on your lap or on the floor; please do not block the aisle. Baby strollers should be folded. Small, two-wheeled shopping carts are allowed only if there is room on the bus. Large carts and wagons are not permitted on the bus.
- Do not leave trash at Bus Stops: Trash at bus stops is unsanitary and expensive to clean up. The biggest litter issue at bus stops is open beverage containers that cannot be brought on the bus. Empty the container and place it in the trash can on the bus.
Coast to Valley Express buses are equipped with lifts and each bus has two securement positions. Your mobility device must be properly secured, and the driver will provide the securement. Customers who use a walker with a built-in seat may not use the walker seat to sit on while riding on Coast to Valley Express buses. It will be necessary to transfer to a regular bus seat.
Tips for Using the Lifts
- Set the brakes on your mobility device and turn off the power.
- If you are standing on the lift, be sure to hold onto the hand rail.
- Lifts can hold mobility devices up to 30″ wide and 48″ long, weighing up to 600 pounds when occupied.
- A personal attendant may ride the lift with you.
- Backing your mobility device onto the lift may make it easier to maneuver into the securement area inside.
Coast to Valley Express buses do not operate on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day.
Corvallis Transit System buses are now free to all riders. Transfers are not necessary or available.For destinations in Corvallis not served by the Coast to Valley Express,click here to locate a Corvallis Transit System bus schedule to determine the bus that will transport you closest to your desired destination.
For destinations in Newport not served by the Coast to Valley Express,click here to locate a Lincoln County Transit System bus schedule.
For destinations in Albany not served by the Coast to Valley Express,click here to locate an Albany Transit System bus schedule.
The Coast to Valley Express stops at scheduled bus stops at regular times. A flag stop is an unscheduled bus stop as indicated on the schedule. Be visible and wave to flag the bus down.
Bicycle Rack Service
All Coast to Valley Express buses are equipped with two-position bike racks. These racks are available on a first come-first served basis. Benton County assumes no liability for damage to bicycles.
Lost and Found
The Coast to Valley Express is not responsible for lost items. If you leave personal possessions on the bus, report it as soon a possible. Call (541) 752-2615 during business hours and provide a description of the lost item along with the date, time and which Coast to Valley Express bus you were riding at the time of the loss.
Drivers cannot make change. Exact fare is required.
Each Way Adults (12 years of age and older) $10 Youth (less than 12 years of age) $7 Persons with disabilities $7 Seniors (60 years of age and older) $7 Coupon Books (6 ride passes) Adults $50 Youth $36 Persons with disabilities $36 Seniors $36 Speak with your driver for discounted coupons Passes and coupon books are available at: Benton County Public Works (360 SW Avery Ave., Corvallis, phone 541-766-6821). Coast-to-Valley Drivers